I will always reply to comments and always re-reply to re-replies.

Clicking on most images will enlarge them

Sunday, February 07, 2010

HOPE

Welcome, wild harbinger of spring!
To this small nook of Earth.
                                                                                                                                                Bernard Barton

A cold February morning. A thin north-easterly wind in my face as I pedalled my bicycle up the rise from Romney Marsh. Stopping for a breather at the top I surveyed a panorama of dull greys, greens and browns. But there in the leafless, newly flailed hedgerow, right by my resting place, a yellow spray of wild gorse had defiantly asserted that Spring is not too far away.
In view of my blog's title Barton's second line seemed appropriate.

8 comments:

herhimnbryn said...

Beautiful image. SYNW

ArtPropelled said...

What a peaceful setting!

Roderick Robinson said...

Stopping for a breather? What's this - the lowest gear not low enough? Why do I know so little about Bernard Barton?

Avus said...

BB:
I consider that the leg muscles need tempering. Hence I am refusing to use the smallest chainwheel of the three available to me at present. Thus the necessary breather!
You will not be alone, regarding Bernard Barton. But, like Autolycus, I enjoy snapping up unconsidered trifles such as he.

Pam said...

Oh, how encouragingly lovely. I don't think gorse is out up here, though. Still - there is hope.

Neoma said...

What a gorgeous landscape, reminds me so much of all the shows that I watch that are filmed on your side of the pond......someday I have got to travel that way and see some of it for myself.....beautiful...

Holidays in Dorset said...

Lovely scenery. It reminds me of Torquay Holidays. There was a scenery as lovely as that too.

Lynda said...

Thank you for your article, quite effective information.