I will always reply to comments and always re-reply to re-replies.

Clicking on most images will enlarge them

Thursday, January 29, 2009

JUST VENTURED OUT OF THE CAVE

Having had the usual January feelings and also the most horrendous cold ever (started on New Year's Day and just getting better), I have not been in blogsphere for a while. However, things are looking up.

A bright and extremely cold day got me out on the bike for about 12 miles. Into town for a latte and cake at my favourite Italian coffee shop, home, and then after lunch to my country post office to send off a parcel. Could have gone to the town post office in the morning, but I needed the stimulus and exercise having not ridden a bicycle since January 1st. (Hard work,I have lost my wind and my legs!)

Why the town visit? To transfer funds ready for our 6 week visit to Australia in March. Time to see our daughter in Perth once more. We aim to celebrate our Golden Wedding whilst there and can rely on the Aussies for a good party!

So - a lot to look forward to. Think I will shut up the hibernation cave for another year.

12 comments:

Judith said...

So glad you have got such a splendid visit to look forward to -what better way could there be to come out of hibernation. It seems to be a bit hot 'down there' at the moment, though I dare say it will be cooler when you go.

I'm still slipping in and out of my dark hole I'm afraid, but will take courage from you.

herhimnbryn said...

H
U
R
R
A
H

He's back! See you soon.

Granny J said...

You remind me that I really, really wish I felt up to a visit, also to Perth, to see my favorite (and only) brother and all his family. Lucky Avus!!!

Roderick Robinson said...

We're a year and a bit away from gold. Perhaps a final stab at doing K2? Swimming the Hellespont? Or (more likely) finding out whether Grange Hermitage is worth the money. But perhaps HHB already knows

Lucy said...

Wonderful things to look forward to!

Kay Cooke said...

Welcome back into the light. A trip to Perth is certainly something to look forward to. Congrats on the Golden Anniversary coming up.

Judith said...

Sorry to change the subject, Avus, but I'm puzzling how you managed to sign on as one of my Followers,when I didn't have the widget on my blog to click on. Lee has raised the subject of readers and followers, and I'm just trying to sort it all out, and how the two are linked on Blogger.

Vita said...

Yay, you've come out of the cave and are on the mend, too. Am glad for you getting to visit her him and Bryn. She moved too far from home. May your joy at your 50th anniversary be unconfined.

Lee said...

From what we are hearing of UK weather, hibernation is the way to go.

Avus said...

Thanks for all the good wishes folks.

Granny:
There is never going to be a better time. Mortgage the house, get an injection of monkey glands and go for it. You will never regret it.
We are only here the once!

Lee:
From what we are hearing of Oz weather (44 in Perth recently) I guess we are in for a shock! However, we are there early March to late April, so it should cool a bit, d'you think?

ArtPropelled said...

Glad you are feeling stroger, Avus. How wonderful to have the trip to Oz to look forward too. HHMN must be counting the sleeps.

Twoscamps said...

Glad you've emerged from your den Avus! January is a tough month. Wishing you continued health and happiness.