I will always reply to comments and always re-reply to re-replies.

Clicking on most images will enlarge them

Monday, April 02, 2007

BIRTH DATE TAGS

I have been tagged by Chief Biscuit (who has passed this on) to give the following that happened on my birth date (18th December):

THREE EVENTS
1. Abolition of Slavery in USA 1865
2. Death Penalty abolished in U.K. 1969
3. Abel Tasman is first European to land in New Zealand 1642 (especially for you, Chief !)

TWO FAMOUS BIRTHDAYS
1. Grimaldi (the clown) 1779
2. Francis Thompson (poet) 1859

ONE FAMOUS DEATH
1. Theodulf, Bishop of Orleans 821

ONE HOLIDAY
1. Roman Feast of Epona (Goddess of horses and fertility) during Saturnalia. (But I would choose that, wouldn't I?)

The idea is now to pass it on to 4 other nominees to have a go - and I nominate:
1. Nea
2. Judith
3. Lucy
4. Granny J.

(Wikipedia is a great help and it is good fun looking!)

4 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

Wow! The abolition of slavery, the death penalty AND Abel Tasman's landing on NZ shores. The 18th December is very auspicious indeed. And you, Grimaldi and Francis all being born that day (albeit different centuries) makes it even more a red letter day!

Neoma said...

Well this is going to take a bit of research, won't it......I haven't a clue what happened on my birthday, so I will learn something in the process.

I will do this late tonight, after the kiddies are in bed, and the dishes are done, and the cat and I are having out evening tea and crumpets....haha

Pete said...

Avus

see you've already been done. Good fun isn't it

Neoma said...

OKIE DOKIE,

I posted this to my blog.....

BIRTH DATE TAGS
I have been tagged by Avus at "Little Corner of the Earth" (who has passed this on) to give the following that happened on my birth date (23rd of July ):

THREE EVENTS
1. July 23, 1904 - It is said that Charles E. Menches of St. Louis, Missouri conceived the idea of filling a pastry cone with two scoops of ice cream and thereby invented the ice cream cone.

2. July 23, 1937 - The first radio drama by Orson Welles is aired.

3. July 23, 1985 - A bay colt, Seattle Dancer, son of Nijinsky II and the mare My Charmer, sold to Robert Sangster for $13.1 million--the record price for a Thoroughbred.

TWO FAMOUS BIRTHDAYS
1. 1971 Alison Krauss, country singer
2. 1965 Slash, from Guns 'N Roses

ONE FAMOUS DEATH
1. 1885 Ulysses S. Grant, US President

ONE HOLIDAY
1. National Hot Dog Day, When : July 23rd; National Hot Dog Day celebrates one of America's favorite summer sandwiches. It is only fitting that this dog gets its day.

The idea is now to pass it on to 4 other nominees ,to have a go, but I was never very good with directions....haha