I will always reply to comments and always re-reply to re-replies.

Clicking on most images will enlarge them

Friday, August 18, 2006

SHATTERED!




Jo - 14 year old grand daughter rang to say she was bored at home and could she come to stay for a few days.

Collected her in car (45 mile trip), Every evening long walks with the dog (who thought heaven had arrived) day 2: to cinema (Pirates of Caribbean 2 - great fun), day 3: 80 mile run on the motorbike, day 4: we ride around Romney Marsh on push bikes, day5: reverse delivery in car.

Return home, handed large gin and tonic by "grandma", collapse in chair. Great fun, hard work, but at least you can spoil them and then send them home!

"The joys of youth are but a moment long" as the song has it - trouble is, she has them, I am past them!

2 comments:

herhimnbryn said...

Well done Grandad!
I too remember those bike and pushbike rides with great affection. And if I think back the cinema consisted of Bruce Lee or Richard the Third !

Vita said...

Great looking bike. Lucky grandaughter. Got a kick out of the gin thing. Thank you so much. I am very flattered. I will add you to mine. I'm just back and don't have pictures of great weekend, which included today taking mother-in-law to buy WORLD'S CUTEST DOG. Teeny Wienie. Very good for little old lady with delicate balance.