I will always reply to comments and always re-reply to re-replies.

Clicking on most images will enlarge them

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Tiger Eye

A little bit of the Australian outback. Formed some millions of years ago in some volcanic upheaval, prospected as a rough lump of rock and polished by "Helen" and partner who knew it's inward beauty, acquired by "Secret Hill", boxed and wrapped in coloured paper, flown with her to UK and now resting on the bedside table of "Avus" in the Kentish countryside.

5 comments:

herhimnbryn said...

Oh, this is lovely! Am going to send H and G the link.

Helen said...

I'm so glad you like your little piece of Western Australian Tiger Eye. It really is incredible what is underneath our feet.

Vita said...

Hi, This IS beautiful. Have you seen The Gods Must be Crazy? I want to see High Plains Drifter and The Wicker Man on your recommendation, because HH and I loved Straight Story and Whale Rider.

Avus said...

Vita - thanks for visiting - you will find High Plains Drifter and The Wicker Man very different from Straight Story and Whale Rider.

Both are towards the "horror" end of the scale with some quirky endings. I see that there is a new "Wicker Man" just out, which I have not yet seen and should not be confused with the original (Christopher Lee) version.

Vita said...

I saw The World's Fastest Indian and thought it was right out of the top drawer. Hmmm, it looks like the early 1970's movies Wicker Man and High Plains Drifter are pretty good, maybe I should try to get them for October viewing.